You are eligible to take part in Axiata Game Hero if you are:
- of age 16 and above (Parental consent is needed for players aged 18 and below)
- an active XL Axiata postpaid or prepaid user or AXIS user. Please ensure that you are the sole owner of the sim card, and it is NOT a supplementary line or corporate account.
- a citizen of Indonesia.
- currently reside in Indonesia.
- only required to take outbound flight from Indonesia for International Representation.
- The members of a team to have the same citizenship.
There are 2 steps to be completed in order to join the tournament:
- Subscribe to Axiata Game Hero with Rupiah 2200 every 2 days.
- Verify your Free Fire account using a valid Free Fire nickname and ID.
There are 4 stages:
Stage 1: Solo Mode (Custom Room)
Solo Room 1 : 30th April 2020
Solo Room 2 : 15th Jun 2020
Solo Room 3 : 31st July 2020
Solo Room 4 : 15th September 2020
Participants will play during custom room and score will be automatically uploaded to the Silver Leaderboard. Only the results of those 100 Solo players with the highest score earned during the Solo Tournament will be uploaded to the Leaderboard. Only players in the Gold Leaderboard will be eligible to participate in the Online Qualifier.
Stage 2: Squad Mode
Squad Online Qualifier will be in October 2020
Total of 24 teams will compete for TOP 12 prize money and 12 spots in the National Championship.
There are a few important rules to take note.
- The organizer will create 24 Squads and invite all qualified 96 solo players to find their members and join the Squads.
- Each Participant can be a member of only one Squad throughout the Tournament.
- The member who has the highest score among the other members in the same Squad, is automatically the Squad leader.
- A Squad may not change its Squad name throughout the tournament.
- Squad leader is responsible to approve or reject the request to join Squad which is shown in Profile page.
- If 1 or more members leave the Squad or is/are disqualified from the tournament, the organizer will replace with new member(s).
- If the Squad leader left the Squad, the second person who has the highest score automatically becomes the Squad leader.
Stage 3: National Championship
National Championship will take place either October 2020 or November 2020. 12 teams will compete for prize money. The winner and 1st runner up will be selected to represent the Country in the Grand Championship in December 2020.
National Championship rules will be released at a later date.
Stage 4: Grand championship
Axiata Game Hero Grand Championship 2020 will take place in December 2020. 12 teams will compete for a share in USD 138,000 prize pool.
Grand Championship rules will be released at a later date.
The second season of tournament runs from January 2020 to December 2020:
March 2020 – September 2020
Solo Mode Custom Room
Squad Mode Custom Room
October or November 2020
There are 4 stages in the Tournament. Each Tournament stage is carried out as the following:
How it Works
Solo Online Qualifier
- Solo Online Qualifier starts:
March 2020 to September 2020
- The Participant will start to play as a Solo player and score only will be uploaded to the Solo leaderboard when user playing in custom room.
- Only the results of those Solo players with the highest score earned during the Solo Online Custom Room will be uploaded to the Leaderboard on Axiata Game Hero website which will be considered final.
- If 2 or more Solo players achieved the same score by the end of the Solo Tournament (a tie score), the Solo player who attained the first tied score will be ahead of the other Solo player who attained the tied score at a later time.
- Top 12 Squads from the 4 Online Qualifiers by the end of Tournament Trials will be invited to the live National Championship.
- Top 96 players from the Gold Leaderboard will be invited to participate in the Solo Online Qualifier. Top 32 players will be selected and qualify for the Squad Mode Series.
Squad Online Qualifier
- Squad Online Qualifier will be in September 2020
- Total of 96 top solo players in Silverleaderboard will be invite to create squad of 4
- Top 12 squads will be selected for the National Championship.
- The 12 Squads will be contacted accordingly and if any Squad is not reachable within 3 days, the Squad is considered having given up its right to participate in the National Championship.
Live Tournament, National Level
- The date of National Championship is on November 2020.
- The winner and 1st Runner up will be invited to the live Grand Championship in Malaysia.
- The rules of National Championship will be announced at a later date
Live tournament, Regional Level
- The date of Grand Championship is on 21st & 22nd December 2020
- The rules of Grand Championship will be announced at a later date.
Score Calculation For National and Grand Championship
The scores of each game are calculated as shown in this table:
Team Kills Count
All participants are expected to play at their best at all times without getting involved in the following offences:
Cooperation with competing participants to cheat or deceive in order to gain an unfair advantage. Acts of collusion include, but are not limited to:
- Soft play (Any agreement among participants to not play at a reasonable or expected standard of competition in a game)
- Prior arrangements to split tournament prizes
- Receiving information and signals from external sources during a match
- Losing Deliberately
- Looking at spectator monitors or mobile phones of other participants
- Intentionally disconnect without any officials’ approval
Any modification of the Garena Free Fire game client, and the use of any 3rd party apps within the game is strictly prohibited
Deliberate abuse of bugs to gain an advantage
Using another player or participant’s account
Strictly not allowed, if Participants are found using pc emulators the squad will be disqualified
The prizes for Axiata Game Hero will be as following:
Solo Online Qualifier
No. of winner(s)
Squad Online Qualifier
No. of winner(s)
No. of winner(s)
4 - 5
6 - 12
Grand Championship** The value of cash prizes is inclusive of a maximum of USD500 per person for traveling transportation to Grand Championship in Malaysia
No. of winner(s)
4 - 7
8 - 12
Participants may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or objectionable (“Foul Language”), in or near the match area. Participants are not allowed to use any Foul Language during any public-facing events, such as interviews. Each offense will incur a maximum of two infraction points, as deemed appropriate by the organisers.
Abuse of Tournament organisers, other participants, or audience members will not be tolerated. Repeated violations, including but not limited to verbal abuse, touching another Participant's devices, body, or property will result in infraction point penalties. Participants and their guests (if any) must treat all individuals attending a match with respect.
Other Mobile Apps
During the course of each game, participants are not allowed to have any other apps running in the background. As long as the participant or any of his/her team members are still alive in the game, they are not allowed to minimize the Free Fire Battlegrounds app.
If participants are using devices loaned to them by the tournament officials or organizers, they are not allowed to download or install any apps onto the device. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
Participants are not allowed to receive notifications on their mobile device during the course of each match. Offenders will incur one infraction points. If a participant receives information on an on-going match that his/her team is competing it, the team will be immediately disqualified.
Participants are to use the in-game voice chat function to communicate with their teammates in-game. Usage of any third party apps are not allowed. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the in-game voice chat service is not available, Garena officials will designate a third-party app for all participants to use. The choice of apps or voice chat service used is subject to the sole discretion of tournament officials.
Only Smartphones or Mobile Phones are allowed during competitions. Tablets or Personal Computers or Mac Systems are not allowed. Any usage of Tablets or Personal Computers or Mac System detected, the participants shall be disqualified from the competition.
Participants are allowed to use any joystick, mobile phone case, matte screen protectors, or any other peripherals so long as they do not modify the game’s controls. (e.g. Peripherals which add shoulder buttons for firing weapons). Participants have to rely solely on the game’s on-screen controls. Offenders will incur one infraction points, and have to remove the offending equipment.
Participants are required to use headphones throughout each game during the tournament. A participant may not take off their headphones so long as their team is still active (at least one member alive) in the game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the Tournament’s organizers do not provide headphones, participants are required to bring their own headphones.
An event may provide devices for the participants to use. The tournament officials may choose, at their sole discretion, to enforce all participants to use the provided devices for competition.
If a participant is using a provided device, they are not allowed to disconnect any cables or devices.
Any changes made to the device configuration, connections, and cabling will result in two infraction points. If a participant, with or without intention, disconnects any cabling and suffers network/gameplay difficulties, they will not be offered any remake or pauses.
During offline events, the Organizers may provide Tournament accounts for each Participant. These accounts will be pre-loaded onto every mobile device and the Participants must use the Tournament accounts to compete. Players who log out of the tournament accounts for any reason will incur one infraction point.
It is mandatory for all participants to be connected to the tournament-provided Ethernet & WiFi connection for tournament matches. Offenders who do not comply will incur 1 infraction point.
Participants are not allowed to intentionally cause a disconnection during a game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If participants are disconnected due to network issues, they are allowed to reconnect back to the game while the match is still ongoing. Participants are not allowed to request for a pause or a remake due to a disconnection.
However, game officials may consider a remake, at their sole discretion, under one of the following conditions:
- Game server failure - all players are unable to reconnect
- If 10 Participants or more are disconnected at the same time due to network issues
- If 4 or more of the Participants are stuck in lobby during start game
- For Solo Series, if a remake fails to happen, for each disconnected Participants will be rewarded with a compensation point of thirty (30).
- For Squad Series, National Championship and Grand Championship, a remake fails to happen, for each disconnected Participants, the team will be rewarded with a compensation point of ten (10).
For Offline Events only, WiFi connection will be provided to the Participants. The WiFi connection comes with dual-band connectivity which are 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The organiser is not responsible if the Participants’ mobile device is unable to support the 5ghz connection, in which the Participant shall proceed with the Tournament using the 2.4ghz connection. The organiser shall not be responsible if any bad connectivity happens due to interference around the Tournament area.
All participants are to report to the Tournament’s organizers within the requested time frame.
Teams which are late for up to 15 minutes will incur one infraction points.
Teams which are late for up to 30 minutes will incur two infraction points.
Teams which are late for more than 30 minutes will be immediately disqualified.
Tournament organizers are not obliged to delay any game from starting on schedule to accommodate late teams. If a round has started before a participating team’s arrival, the late team will forfeit that round.
Tournament organizers may delay any game at their sole discretion, owing to extenuating circumstances such as difficult weather, crowd control, or game server issues.
If there are two or more teams tied on points at the end of a series, the tiebreaker will be decided by their placement points. If the teams are also tied on placement points, the teams will be ranked according to their placements in the last game of the series (e.g. ranking in 8th game in a Best-of-8, ranking in 6th game in a Best-of-6, etc)
Team Owners (“Team Owners”) are parties that have vested interest in a Participant or a group of Participants or Team competing in the tournament. An "interest" can be defined as any of the following: a direct or indirect financial interest, or status as an officer, manager, director, stockholder, or any other role whereby a person directly participates in the operations of such teams.
Team Owners shall not have an interest in more than one team participating in the Finals of any Axiata Game Hero tournament. "Finals" are defined as the final round matches to be played between 12 teams to determine the champion of any Axiata Game Hero tournament.
The Organizer reserves the right to make the final determination regarding team ownership. If a Team Owner, or an affiliate of the Team Owner is found to have interest in multiple teams, the Team Owner will be required to immediately divest said interest in one of the two teams. The Organizers shall also choose to, at its sole discretion, to punish the Owner and the teams.
The Organizer reserves the right to prohibit or remove teams with sponsors or partners that are solely or widely known for pornographic, drug use or other adult/mature themes and products from Axiata Game Hero tournaments at any time.
Teams will accumulate infraction points for their members’ offenses. Penalties for infraction points are:
The above penalties apply for all teams regardless of team size (Squads, Duos, or Solos).
Participants will be disqualified under the following scenarios:
- Involved in offences as listed under Fair Play.
- Intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game.
- In Game Name with vulgaries and bad mouth wordings.
- Inactive Axiata Game Hero subscription. This is defined as expired subscription for more than 48 hours. All scores obtained from the expired Axiata Game Hero subscription account will be reset or become zero once the said Axiata Game Hero subscription is deemed inactive.
- Garena Free Fire account suspended.
- Left or removed from the Squad.
- If an individual Participant is found to be participating in a Tournament under the name of multiple registered player accounts.
- If any Participants or teams are deemed, at the discretion of the organiser, to intentionally leave or not complete a part of or full part of a game, the said Participants or teams shall be disqualified from the Tournament.
To protect the integrity of the tournament, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify Solo/Squads which purposefully stalls or attempts to block the tournament from starting. Players are not allowed to add, modify or remove game files from their intended state. Any such manipulation will result in immediate disqualification. Intentionally changing your character’s angle to look through texture or object is prohibited. Players are not allowed to set two actions to the same key in key bindings.